Tar-mak USA offers competitive pallet rates to ship out your orders.
Below are the pallet rates for business to business shipments with no additional services.
These prices are based on regular size crates, up to 2500 lbs.
We can also quote you on residential deliveries or/and deliveries with additional services as we work with several brokers to get the best pricing.
* $65.00/pallet (excluding Keys and Panhandle area)
* $70.00/pallet Panhandle
* $100.00/window sill crate
ALABAMA, GEORGIA, NORTH CAROLINA, SOUTH CAROLINA, TENNESSEE, KENTUCKY, MISSISSIPPI
* A 15% (of total sale amount) re-stocking fee will assessed on all authorized returns or cancellation of order.
* No cancellations, refunds, or exchange on special order items.
* If you are not satisfied with your Tar-mak USA purchase of a product, please call us at (813) 247-1700.
* You must return the product to Tar-mak USA within 30 calendar days of the issuance of your order.
* Tar-mak USA reserves the right to cancel any order that has not been paid and picked up after 30 days of the receipt of the order
Tar-mak USA offers free showroom samples of 18"x18" and 12"x24" tiles as well as the concept boards to display in your showrooms.
We are also encouraging all of our customers to order free samples before making the final selection.
For the following samples, Tar-mak USA charges the customers only for the freight.
* Up to four pieces of 6"x6" samples of field tiles
* Up to four pieces of 3"x6" and 4"x4" tumbled stones
* Up to two pieces of 6"x6" tumbled stones
* One of each of mouldings
* Swatches of mosaics (6"x6")
For the full size samples of tiles and mosaics, Tar-mak USA applies 50% discount to the list price.
Sample orders will be shipped the same day or the next business day.
RECEIVING AND INSPECTING FREIGHT SHIPMENTS
As the receiver, your signature on a delivering carrier's freight Bill of Lading (BOL) constitutes acceptance of the merchandise "as is" and in good order. If you do not inspect before signing you are, for all practical purposes, waiving "our" mutual right to collect on a damage claim no matter if the damage is visible or "concealed". Once you sign, the goods and responsibility is yours.
Prior to signing and dating the Bill of Lading (BOL), clearly note in the presence of the driver that the shipment is damaged - DO NOT NOTE "SUBJECT TO INSPECTION." Take clear pictures of the damaged item(s), as carriers will require them to be filed with the claim, and be sure to keep the packing material for inspection by the carrier. The more you document, the quicker and more successful your (our) claims resolution will be.
Prior to signing and dating the Bill of Lading (BOL), clearly note that the shipment is short,
including the exact number or amount if possible. Again, DO NOT NOTE "SUBJECT TO INSPECTION."